An exploration of my life as I know it. Knitting, working, creating, and cat-wrangling.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

50% Gluttony, 50% Life
















The first sock is DONE!!!!! I love it! This pattern is really cool and the yarn is great to work with. There were a few mistakes in the pattern, but they are pretty easily recognizable if you're paying attention to the pattern. My new favorite sock "innovation" is arch shaping, I LOVE it! You're basically putting a heel stitch on the bottom of your sock to make it pull in where your arch is, yet is still stretchy.

This is the fancy toe shaping. Done much like the decrease on a hat. Me likey. :)
























This is the whole sock in all it's color-shifting glory.


















The amazing arch shaping.


















The second sock is being put on hold while I work on Heather's square for our TNKG scarf. I found a pattern that works really well with the yarn I'm using, Dalegarn Svale (cotton/viscose/silk). So that will be my project for this week.

On a non-knitting note, my nephew, Riordan, is home from the hospital. He still has to go back for physical therapy and to have his blood pressure monitored (there was some kidney damage), but at least he won't have to be cooped up in a hospital room and can be with his family. His siblings were VERY happy to see him.

Also, Ray and I bought tickets to go see Kids in the Hall perform at the Orpheum Theatre in Minneapolis, MN in April. We are super-duper stoked about that!

Ok, I'm off to start on Heather's square and gear myself up for "The Show" by watching some seasons of KITH.

1 comment:

Little Hen Knits said...

Helloooo....Ethan insisted that I write you to say that He made the Farmers Sausages Especially for you!!!! There are also Black Bean Burritos in the Grab and Go case---I made them yesterday.

Have a nice holiday!!!