An exploration of my life as I know it. Knitting, working, creating, and cat-wrangling.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lavender and Plum

My shipment from Knit It Up (I didn't realize they had a longer name, the etsy site is just called Knit) came today!  My spoils:

DSCF4041

2.5 oz of BFL fiber in the Plum colorway, and one pound(!) of Provencal Lavender buds.  That bag that you see?  There are TWO of them.  I know what I'm going to do with some of this, but lordy, I shall never want of lavender again.

So now I have more fiber to practice with on my spindle, and the picture is a pretty accurate depiction of the color so it's going to be some gorgeous yarn! 

Speaking of more fiber:  do you remember that Phat Fiber box I got in January?  The one that led me to Knit It Up (and so many other wonderful shops)?  Well, if you head over to the blog, there is a giveaway for 4oz. of some great superwash merino, a scarf pattern, and a cute pattern holder/reader!  All from Samantha In Stitches Yarn.  Check it out!

As for me, I'm off to spin up some of this fiber and plan out a way to contain this lavender in my stash.

 

P.S.  If this post has led you to buy something from Knit It Up's etsy store, please put my etsy name (ZombieEatsSam) in the comments section.  She has a pretty kick-ass referral program.  Thanks!

No comments: