An exploration of my life as I know it. Knitting, working, creating, and cat-wrangling.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Love and Left-overs

 DSCF3981

A lovely bouquet of flowers from my Lovely.  I didn't take a picture of the half-eaten (by me) box of chocolates he also gave me.  I don't really want photographic evidence of that deed.

DSCF3982

Even though we both worked yesterday, it was a very good day.  He made dinner of Cajun Roast, fried potatoes, and steamed asparagus.  I provided dessert from Fayzes in the form of a seven layer bar and an apple pie square.

DSCF3983

It was delicious and there are plenty of left-overs for us to dine well again tonight.

Speaking of "left-overs" (would you believe I didn't even plan that segue?), I've been working on a project to use those samples I got in the January Phat Fiber box.

DSCF3986

These are mostly Phat Fiber samples, but there are also scraps and left-overs from other projects.  These are all the sock-weight samples, which were the majority.  I have piles of samples (plus my own) in worsted and bulky weight.  I think I may do knitted squares of those, or try for a scrap yarn scarf or something.

If you're interested in obtaining a Phat Fiber box (which you should be, you have no idea!), the theme for February is Romance & Chocolate.  Here is a link to the video on the Phat blog for all the goodies that will be in the February box (which goes on sale on Monday Feb. 16th, email her- Jessie at phatfiber at yahoo dot com- for the times!).  There are lots of really cool items (patterns and magazines), lots of gorgeous fiber and yarn, and there will even be chocolate!  As well as a few special extras that weren't in last months box.  All this for only $33, shipping included!

I'm passing this on in the hopes that someone I know will get one and I can oogle over theirs.  I can't get one this month, but am very hopeful for the March box. 

 

p.s. the squares up there are done using this pattern.  it's fast and super easy!

1 comment:

Little Hen Knits said...

I would be interested in getting a box some time this year, but I think I was treated with so many wonderful gifts from friends for my birthday, that I would be a bit greedy to try and afford one this month.

The flowers are beauteous! R loves you so much!