An exploration of my life as I know it. Knitting, working, creating, and cat-wrangling.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hang Over On New Year's Day? How Cliche.

And yet here we are, in our pajamas at 3pm with the lights off, the TV off and the funk of the bar still around us.  Poor Ray is much worse off than I (when he does drink, which isn't very often, he tends to go to far), and is keeping the couch warm with a bucket at the ready.  Despite of the dour feelings we have right now, we both had a really good time being with friends last night and are particularly grateful to a few that helped us at the end of the evening (Matt, Janet, Heidi, and Ben; you all get medals).  Our cameras battery has been dying rather quickly lately, so I don't have any pictures of our debauchery.  However, I do remember a camera and seeing some really awful photos of myself, so the proof is out there somewhere. 

I was prodded by someone (*coughJanetcough*) to post pictures of my Christmas present from Ray.  Since our camera is a bitch, and I'm too f'ing lazy to try taking good photos of it anyway, I'll post this link to a video of my present.  I got both the ball winder and the swift, but unfortunately not the art yarns.

I'm off to down some more water, maybe make some soup, and lay in bed and watch Buffy and Angel. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY, YOU MAKE EVERYDAY WORTH CELEBRATING! (although, perhaps not as much as last night.)

1 comment:

Maura Janelle said...

Oh, dear. I know what that feels like! I'm sorry I could not have been more of assistance last night, but I was getting pretty caught up in the evening myself. I was very glad to see everyone out and I hope you know how grateful I am to have you as my friend in 2009. So much love to you! Call me when you want to catch up. Love, Maura.