An exploration of my life as I know it. Knitting, working, creating, and cat-wrangling.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sheepy, Wooly, Festy

 

What a blast!  Maura, Heather, Betty, and I went to the Jefferson Sheep & Wool Festival yesterday.  It was a great day, the drive up was full of conversation, music, and napping (Heather was tuckered out from the night before, which happened to end a few hours before we left ;).  I knew it was going to be a good day when I looked at the clouds and they were so fluffy and clumpy, they looked like huge batts of un-dyed roving in the sky. 

There were just as many vendors as there were last year, even some new ones, and sooooo much yarn and fiber that it was hard not to buy something at each booth.  We all did very good though and stuck (for the most part...) to our budgets.  I fell in love with a shop out of Geneva, IL called Wool and Company.  Not only did they carry the Mirasol Hacho I recently acquired, but also Shi Bui, Dream in Color, & Colinette Jitterbug.  It was a really, really hard decision to make; but I had to have a plan.  I've been eyeing up the chevron scarf for over a year now, and decided I was going to buy enough of one of these yarns to make it.  After a very rigorous debate over color and yardage (and much help from my co-horts) I decided to go with this:

DSCF3838

Try as I might, I just can't get a photograph that shows off the vibrant, rich, impossibly edible colors that appear in this yarn.  Sorry, but this picture does not do it justice.  So this is the Colinette Jitterbug in Lagoon (left), and Salty Dog (right), as well as the Ravelry button we each got from Dianne at Creatively Dyed Yarns.  So begins my chevron scarf, I may even have enough to make a hat to match!

As well as yarny goodness, there were also throngs of adorable animals, I leave you with just a few:

DSCF3816

DSCF3820

DSCF3823

DSCF3817

2 comments:

Michele / akkasha said...

The yarn looks beautiful. You are making me wish NY Sheep & Wool where here already!

Anonymous said...

Heh. Nice to hear something good came out of Geneva, IL. I came out of there after all, and I am certainly not good. Not good at all. :)