An exploration of my life as I know it. Knitting, working, creating, and cat-wrangling.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Let's Just Call It Practice

Ok, so I don't remember specifically announcing this on my blog, but I wasn't going to knit anything for me until after the holidays. Well, so much for that. After one and a quarter pattern repeats on my afghan square with the scratchy, wool/acrylic blend (it's for charity, hence machine washable) I decided I couldn't take it anymore, I had to work with a natural fiber. And color. So I broke down and started a pair of socks. Diamante to be exact, in this (the colorway I used, Royalty, is not shown) yarn that I bought last year in my first (and what appears to be only, shame on me) etsy purchase. I am working on them until my shipment of yarn for holiday gifts arrives. Then I shall be casting on with great fervor and knitting at every possible moment. I know , I know, I waited until the last moment to order the yarn and I deserve not having the time and sanity to complete these presents in under 40(!) days.

I'm sure you'll hear from me at random points in the process where I'll either be breaking down in tears, insanely optimistic, or triumphantly declaring victory. Probably, more than likely, all three.

The thought of getting back to these socks will, hopefully, keep me motivated. And if that doesn't than the thought of making this with this (both ordered with the holiday yarn. Hey, it's the time for giving, and I think that includes to yourself as well.) will surely make me want to finish.

It'll be really hard not to post pictures of all my loot when I get it, but since I'm not sure if one of the recipients reads this, I don't want to take a chance. I'll post pictures after the holidays.

Alright, off to do a few rounds on the sock before it retires!

No comments: